Become a Certified Coach
US Lacrosse encourages all coaches to participate in some or all components of the Coaching Education Program, and encourages leagues and clubs to also utilize the Coaching Education Program for their coaching education needs. It is our vision that all lacrosse teams are coached by US Lacrosse-certified coaches for the benefit and quality of our sport.
The US Lacrosse Coaching Education Program is built upon:
- Teaching coaches to coach, not to play the game
- Teaching the game in a positive nature
- Providing the best quality of instruction, information, and delivery
- Being inclusive to all US Lacrosse members
You will learn how to:
- Effectively teach everything from fundamental skills to advanced team tactics
- Work with youth in an age-appropriate, safe manner
- Choose drills in order to plan effective
- Implement a positive coaching philosophy
Why should I get certified?
- Your certification verifies that you are a coach set apart from the crowd. You’re recognized as having achieved coaching knowledge and sport-specific training from the only standardized lacrosse coach-training program in the U.S., developed by the leader in the sport, US Lacrosse.
- You’ll gain credibility with parents and administrators that you take coaching seriously and are committed to being the best coach you can.
- Your NCSI background screening is nationally recognized and utilized by most governing bodies and many youth sport organizations.
- You’ll acquire a wealth of coaching knowledge and techniques through your certification journey. Our curriculums are built by coaches and players at the top of the game, and formulated to help you have the most impact on your players.
- Getting certified is easy and convenient. Previous participation in any of the educational components counts toward certification. All in-person components for certification are available every year at the US Lacrosse National Convention.
- Many leagues nationwide require US Lacrosse certification.
Entry into our 2014 Lax Loot Program