How can you COMPETE WITH CLASS and HONOR THE GAME?
• Respect your coaches, teammates, opponents, officials, and the fans.
• Compete with heart, honor, and hustle.
• Honor the traditions of the game and respect the ancestors of the sport.
• Have fun, be passionate, and adhere to the spirit of the game both on and off the field.
How will US Lacrosse HONOR THE GAME?
• US Lacrosse will incorporate increased safety messaging across all levels, specifically targeting the under-19 players and their coaches and parents.
• US Lacrosse events will be opportunities where the highest standards are followed and celebrated. Youth and high school players, teams and coaches will be rewarded for safe play and good sportsmanship.
• All levels of officials will be encouraged to be mindful of our increased emphasis on player safety and sideline conduct.
• The work and priorities of the US Lacrosse Sports Science and Safety Committee will be constantly marketed as a way to quantify the safety risks and avoidance measures.
• US Lacrosse will collaborate on this program with the NCAA and NFHS rules-making committees. Manufacturers will be engaged and consulted in production standards.
• The existing Sportsmanship Card program will be refined, enhanced, marketed and tied to enforcement strategies, particularly at the youth level.
• Youth leagues and US Lacrosse Chapters that fully participate in our membership program will be indentified to endorse and engage in the Campaign.
• High school team sportsmanship awards will be introduced as part of the existing Sportsmanship Card program.
What are our GOALS?
• To develop, promote and enhance the proper culture and spirit of lacrosse.
• To emphasize the importance of teaching and following the safest set of rules.
• To promote the highest standards of sportsmanship to all those that play, watch, coach, or officiate.
• To provide consistent safety and sportsmanship messaging.
• To create points of emphasis for head-to-head contact, unnecessary roughness, and unsportsmanlike conduct for players, coaches, and officials.
• To maintain the integrity of the sport.
How Can You Help?
1. Read the information on this page to understand the importance of Safety and Sportsmanship
2. Sign the Compete with Class - Honor the Game Pledge
3. Nominate a team, coach or official for special displays of sportsmanship.
4. Promote and express the importance of Safety and Sportsmanship in the fastest game on two feet to players, coaches, fans, and officials.
• Rule Differences NCAA vs. NFHS
• ImPACT Concussion Management Program
• US Lacrosse Coaches Education Program
• US Lacrosse Sportsmanship Card Program
• US Lacrosse Officials Training Program
• US Lacrosse Health and Safety