The "Compete with Class - Honor the Game" pledge summarizes important elements of the men’s lacrosse experience and confirms your commitment to Sportsmanship and Fair Play. Signing the pledge is voluntary, but demonstrates your support of the US Lacrosse men’s safety and sportsmanship awareness campaign and deems you eligible for all promotions and awards associated with the campaign.
This season, as a parent, coach, player or official, I pledge to COMPETE with CLASS and HONOR THE GAME…
• I will honor the history of the men’s lacrosse and commit to the maintaining the core values of the game's culture.
• I will recognize the value of safe and fair play by teaching, enforcing and playing by the letter and spirit of the men's game.
• I will practice and encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every game, practice or other men’s lacrosse event.
• I will place the emotional and physical well being of our players ahead of any personal desire to win.
• I will support coaches and officials working with players in order to encourage a safe, positive and enjoyable experience for all.
• I will do my very best to make the sport fun for every one who participates.
• I will ask all family members and fans to be tolerant and inclusive by treating other players, coaches, fans and officials with high regard and respect.
► Download the Pledge in PDF format
113 W. University Parkway, Baltimore, MD 21210T: 410-235-6882F: 410-366-6735
© Copyright 2002-2009 US Lacrosse, Inc. All Rights Reserved.