Level 1 Certification: A Way to Display Your Knowledge
Important Certification Information
• Applicants for certification must be at least 18 years of age.
• Applicants must have a current USL "Coach" membership.
• How to use my account to check certification status (pdf)
How to Become US Lacrosse CEP Level 1 Certified
► USL Membership
(includes complimentary enrollment into the US Lacrosse Level 1 coaching certification program)
STEP #2 (you may do Steps 2-5 in any order, below is the recommended path)
► Purchase and pass a USL/NCSI Background Screening
(or purchase at time of membership Join/Renew via prompt you will receive)
► USL Level 1 Online Course
► Level 1 Instructional Clinic
(Clinics are 7 hours and available nationwide, October through March annually and also at US Lacrosse National Convention)
PCA Double Goal Coach Workshop (2 options)
► Online option
**Use this code for FREE access to the workshop: USLacrosse2013DGC
► Live course option
Contact your local administrator to find out if a live session will be available, or attend the PCA workshop at the US Lacrosse National Convention (free with convention registration). Some Level 1 clinics have PCA included, please check the USL website for information. Send proof of PCA completion to email@example.com.
When USL has all of these requirements on record (the only one YOU have to tell us about is your PCA, we track the rest automatically), you will receive an email stating your level 1 certification is complete. If you reside in an area where certification is required, your e-certified coach card will follow.
You can always track what USL has on record by logging into your USL account at
Currently, once you earn Level 1 certification, you do not need to re-certify. To maintain a current, non-expired certification, you simply need to:
1) Keep your membership current by renewing every year—view your expiration date in your USL account.
2) Renew your USL/NCSI Background Screening every 2 years after the first screening. Not sure when to do this? Check your expiration date in your USL account.