|Using the CEP Level 1 to Educate Your Coaches
US Lacrosse has adopted some measures to help you train your coaches effectively and conveniently.
Using the online course:
- The Level 1 online course is an outstanding tool for your coaches. They may log onto the course at any time, in the convenience of their own home. This is often more convenient for your volunteers and parent coaches than attending a clinic in today's busy lifestyle.
- Upon successful completion of the course, which involves passing a post-assessment with 80% correct answers, the participant is enabled to print a certificate of completion. Programs may keep this on file for training records of your coaches.
- You can also see who has passed the course by logging into your program’s admin page of the US Lacrosse database.
- The online course is one of the educational components to Level 1 certification. Passing the online course allows you to assess whether your coaches have a certain level baseline of training before stepping on the field, however US Lacrosse strongly encourages coaches to pursue full Level 1 certification.
- The cost of the online course is affordable ($25).
- US Lacrosse has gift cards available for purchase in bulk. Each card allows a single coach member of US Lacrosse to register for the online course for free. For every 10 cards your organization purchases, you receive a free access.
► Level 1 Online Course information
Bring a Level 1 Instructional Clinic to your organization:
- After your coaches have taken the Level 1 online course, the next step is to attend a Level 1 clinic. Your organization may apply to host a clinic to provide the hands-on experience needed to round out the Level 1 curriculum.
- US Lacrosse is willing to work with your organization to find solutions to make bringing a Level 1 clinic to your program feasible. Your local chapter may also work with you to conduct a clinic in your region.
Please contact email@example.com if you have further questions.