|Level 1 Online Course
Level 1 Online Courses (Fundamentals of Coaching Men’s Lacrosse, Fundamentals of Coaching Women’s Lacrosse) are FREE to US Lacrosse members and are ALL NEW for 2013!
US Lacrosse members who completed the Level 1 online course previously are strongly encouraged to take this new, updated version and access even more resources and information. Previous online course completion will still be credited toward CEP Level 1 certification.
The Level 1 Online Course is the first step in your journey into the Coaching Education Program and is a pre-requisite for taking the Level 2 Online Course. It is the intent of the curriculum that you complete the online course, then round out your experience with a Level 1 Instructional Clinic, which provides the hands-on, in-person interaction based on the knowledge you receive from the course. Participation also makes you eligible to apply for Level 1 certification.
Level 1 Online Course Login
• CLICK HERE TO LOGIN to access your courses and course material.
NEW for 2013 - your US Lacrosse username and password will allow you to also access your online courses!
• Please note that members who previously completed the Level 1 online courses will need to register for the NEW courses to access their course materials. However, the former Level 1 online courses will still count toward CEP Level 1 certification requirements.
• For high school coaches seeking Level 1 certification, US Lacrosse also honors the Fundamentals of Coaching Boys’/Girls’ Lacrosse courses offered in partnership with the NFHS coaching certification program at www.nfhslearn.com. US Lacrosse members receive this course for $15 (reg. $65).
The coach will be able to:
• Build a positive coaching philosophy
• Communicate effectively with players
• Understand basic player safety and risk management responsibilities
• Utilize strategies for teaching skills and tactics for youth and/or beginning players
• Plan for an effective/age-appropriate practice and season
Notes/Information About the Online Course
• The Level 1 Online Course contains photos, diagrams and streaming videos to help visually enhance the learning experience.
• The course will generally take about two to three hours to complete and can be done in more than one sitting. You have as long as you need to complete the course and you may re-access the course as many times as you like.
• You also receive UNLIMITED access to your courses and the resource materials as long as your membership to USL remains current.
• If I took the Level 1 before, do I have to take the new Level 1 to be certified? No. But we highly encourage you to access the new course.
• Can I still get back into the old Level 1 and resource bank? No. You need to sign up for the FREE new course. All the resources have been updated and ported over.
• Do I have a time limit to take the course or access the resources? No. As long as your membership remains current you may access the course as often and for as long as you wish.
• How do I pass the course? You pass the course when you have viewed all the courses pages and completed all the course quizzes.
• Is there still and end-of-course test? No. the quizzes are embedded throughout the course.
• Do I use my old course username and password? No. Use your new US Lacrosse login credentials. This system is not connected to the old online course portal.
• Where do I find Level 2? Level 2 is still on the old course portal. Your username and password remains the username and password you established for that site and is not the same as your US Lacrosse login unless you set it to be so.
• What about the NFHS/US Lacrosse online courses? The US Lacrosse coaching courses at nfhslearn.com also count toward Level 1 certification and are similar to the Level 1 courses though not exactly the same. IF you are a high school coach required to take the courses on the NFHS site, US Lacrosse will honor the lacrosse courses toward your USL certification also.