2010 Girls' High School Showcase
Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Saturday, July 17 - Monday, July 19
►Team LIBERTY Wins 2010 Champion© HSS Title
►SCORES and EVENT BLOG
►2010 Event Photos
In this inaugural year for this event, 80 of the top high school players in the country are featured, representing all corners of the United States. The players compete in a four-team format over three days.
The ESPN Rise Games are a weeklong, multi-sport event that are the culmination of ESPN's 20-year history of covering high school sports. ESPN RISE also represents ESPN’s commitment to engage and elevate high school athletes by providing them with recognition, resources, information and inspiration that can motivate them to improve their skills and achieve their goals to be the best athletes they can be. US Lacrosse and the RISE games give amateur athletes from across the country a way to RISE to the next level of competition.
In addition to the Girls' High School Showcase, the US Lacrosse U-15 National Championship (boys and girls) as well as the Boys' High School Showcase are also be a part of the ESPN RISE Games.
• Four games over two days at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
• Awesome Champion apparel, including jersey, shorts, socks, pinnie, and more!
• Admission to ESPN’S Wide World of Sports
• Two-night stay for athlete & guest at the Gaylord Palms Resort (Sat & Sun)
• ESPN RISE Opening Ceremony (Saturday evening)
• Welcome Team Dinner (Saturday)
• Team Lunch (Sunday)
2010 High School Showcase Coaches
Eight coaches have been selected by US Lacrosse to travel to Florida and coach these incredible athletes. The coaches are:
Team Freedom (Navy)
Bruce Barker (CO)
Wendy Landry (PA)
Team Liberty (Green)
Pete Collins (IL)
Dee Cross (PA)
Team Spirit (Royal)
Mary Hopkins (FL)
Erin Carroll (MA)
Team Pride (Red)
Bert McLain (MA)
Kathryn Davis (AL)
Participant Selection Process
Eighty (80) of the top girls' high school lacrosse players from the class of 2010, representing nineteen (19) states, have been selected for the inaugural Champion© High School Showcase, a US Lacrosse event.
► See the Rosters
Player Eligibility Criteria
• Invitees were 2009 All-Americans and/or 2009 participants on Team 1 for their sub-region.
• Post high school graduates who continue to compete for a high school program are NOT eligible to be considered for the event.
• Players must be active healthy players on their current team, and must be of outstanding character, be in good standing in their school and community, and demonstrate great sportsmanship on and off the field.
• Players must be available to attend every aspect of the event (please refer to the posted schedule).
• Players must be current members (through July 31, 2010) of US Lacrosse to play. Membership status can be checked online.
• Invitees must submit a $100 registration and response card to US Lacrosse by April 26, 2010.
• Players selected to a team are responsible for all additional expenses, including but not limited to, travel costs (i.e. airfare) to and from the event and other incidentals
Contact Person for Event Info & Player Selection Info
US Lacrosse Women’s Division Associate
410-235-6882 ext. 120