Frequently Asked Questions
We try to answer some of the most common questions asked by exhibitors:
Q: WHY SHOULD I SPEND MONEY FOR A BOOTH SPACE?
A: Your booth will be a part of the largest educational opportunity for the sport of lacrosse. Last year’s EXPO Hall was a complete sell-out with record numbers of exhibitors and attendees and we anticipate another record crowd this year. Don’t miss this opportunity for maximum visibility as well as optimal retail opportunities with direct access to this captive audience of decision makers!
Q: WHO WILL VISIT MY COMPANY’S BOOTH?
A: The US Lacrosse National Convention Exhibitors reach an excellent demographic of national lacrosse coaches, officials, and fans; in all over 5,000 lacrosse enthusiasts will be on hand to experience this premier event.
Q: WHAT ARE THE SHOW DATES?
A: Friday, January 21 & Saturday, January 22, 2011.
Q: OKAY, I WANT TO BECOME AN EXHIBITOR, WHAT ARE MY NEXT STEPS?
1. Thoroughly read and understand the Exhibitors' Information Packet – MANDATORY!
2. Check availability of your staff to work your booth during the EXPO dates.
3. Prepare your budget, including travel, meals, freight, shipping, labor, wages, and other pertinent needs.
4. REGISTER & PAYMENT online - MANDATORY
5. Receive Champion Exposition Service Kit from Champion
6. Contact Champion to reserve labor and/or arrange for reduced rate cart service- MANDATORY!
7. Complete any necessary labor, electrical, telecommunications and other forms provided in kit.
8. Arrive in Baltimore and set up during installation hours
9. Set up your Exhibitor Account at the on-site Champion Exposition Services counter- MANDATORY!
10. Network, Sell, Have fun!
Q: WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BOOTH PACKAGES?
A: Standard booths include, in addition to the contracted space: a 6’ skirted table, two chairs, a standard printed company show sign, and carpet. Other benefits include web exposure and a listing in the e-blast mailing – sent to over 100,000 targeted coaches & officials throughout the country – and the on-site Exhibitor Directory, if your contract and payment are received before the related deadlines.
Q: CAN I MOVE MY OWN STUFF INTO MY BOOTH?
A: NO. You must arrange this labor through Champion Exposition Services. To save Exhibitors expensive labor costs, US Lacrosse and Champion have agreed upon a $150.00 per cart / roundtrip fee to transport (aka drayage) your booth materials. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES will you be able to cart your booth materials in by yourself. You will be stopped by security and asked to return your materials to their original location. You may NOT use hotel carts or personnel to transport your materials into the building. You may NOT drop off your materials to the front lobby and carry or cart them through the front of the EXPO hall.
Q: CAN I BUILD MY BOOTH MYSELF?
A: NO. In accordance with the Baltimore Convention Center and the City of Baltimore, MD, all labor preformed inside the Baltimore Convention Center that requires the use of machinery, moving equipment, or any tool used for booth installation, must be contracted through the designated labor union assigned to the US Lacrosse event.Labor may be contracted through Champion Exposition Services. For further details on rules and regulations please refer to the Champion Exposition Services exhibitor service manual or contact their customer service department.
Q: ARE THERE OTHER BENEFITS AVAILABLE FOR EXHIBITORS?
A: YES! Additional benefits, such as prime booth placement, event sponsor listing in the event program, and web exposure are available when you become a sponsor. There are a wide range of benefits packages available. Please contact Sponsorship Manager Rob Scherr at 410-235-6882 x152.
Q: IS LUNCH INCLUDED FOR EXHIBITORS?
A: YES! Lunch tickets will be distributed per exhibitor credential for Friday AND Saturday. Tickets will be good for items at the various Convention Center concession stands. Only one lunch ticket per valid credential will be given.
Q: CAN EXHIBITORS ATTEND THE CONVENTION EDUCATIONAL SESSIONS?
A: NO. Convention Registration is not included in the booth fees. Exhibitors who would like to attend the education sessions should register and pay for them separately.
Q: HOW DO I WORK WITH A TIGHT BUDGET?
• Order services before the discount deadlines.
• Consolidate freight and shrink wrap it to avoid additional material handling charges.
• Bring back up supplies so you don’t have to rent them at a premium rate on-site.
• Consider items you can bring with you or ship to the show rather than renting them at the show. This is a cost-effective solution for items like power strips, extension cords, fake plants, wastebaskets, etc.
• Consider the cost of rental displays and booth furnishing versus shipping and material handling charges for your display.
• Avoid additional surcharges on shipping by meeting freight target times (if applicable). Instruct your driver to check in at the marshalling yard before the deadline time noted in the service manual.
• For larger booths, ship hanging signs in advance to allow for straight-time installation when possible.
Q: WHAT COSTS MIGHT I INCUR IN ADDITION TO MY BOOTH SPACE FEE?
Most Exhibitors will incur or need:
· Material handling/drayage charges
· Shipping charges
Some Exhibitors may incur or need:
· Electric connection - link coming soon
· Internet connection - link coming soon
· Phone service
· Additional booth furniture (display racks, etc.)
Prices will be available in the Champion Exhibitor Services Kit e-mailed to you in mid-October 2010.
Q: WHAT EXHIBITOR SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE?
A: Exhibitors can contract for carpet, electricity and lighting, internet service, drayage and other services using the Champion Exhibitor Services Kit, which will be provided via e-mail after a completed online Exhibitor Registration & Payment is submitted in mid-October.
Q: IS WIRELESS INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDED IN THE EXHIBIT HALL?
A: NO. You must contract for a connection and complete the Telecommunications Service Order Form, provided in your Champion Exhibitor Services Kit to order all internet needs.
Q: CAN I HAVE EXTRA CREDENTIALS TO PROVIDE TO EXTRA STAFF AND CLIENTS?
A: For every 10’ x 10’ space, you will receive a maximum of four (4) complimentary credentials. I.E. purchase a 10’ x 30’ space = receive 12 credentials. If you wish to purchase additional credentials, you may do so at the time of registration. The cost to purchase additional credentials in advance is: $20 per credential. These credentials are only valid for the EXPO floor, not education sessions. If you wait and need to purchase credentials on site the price will be $40.00 per credential.
Q: IS THERE A SPECIAL BOOTH RATE FOR NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS?
A: YES! There is a special rate for non-profit organizations. Please be advised that no other discounts apply to this rate, and the number of booths available at this rate is limited to a specific booth area in the EXPO Hall that will be determined in late November by Show Management. Please contact Shannon Minter at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about securing your non-profit organization’s booth space. Certain restrictions may apply.
Q: HOW CAN I BEST PROMOTE MY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES?
A: Note your booth number and the show dates and location on your web site, in your email signature, on your voicemail greeting, and in your advertising. Purchase additional credentials and send to all your clients and encourage them to attend the US Lacrosse National Convention as an attendee. Promote a product demonstration to take place in your booth at the show. If your product or service is endorsed by an expert or other celebrity, ask for the opportunity to feature that person at your booth, and promote the occasion to attendees.
Q: I HEARD THAT THE EXPO FLOOR IS OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC?
A: YOU ARE CORRECT! Once again this year, US Lacrosse will provide an opportunity for the public to access the largest lacrosse EXPO in the country. On Saturday, January 22, 2011, non-registered lacrosse fans will have a special opportunity to view the EXPO and Live Field during FAN FEST at a reduced entry fee. Registered convention attendees may continue to access the EXPO and Live Field during this time as well as throughout the convention weekend.