2013 Boys' Champion All-American Showcase
Thursday, July 25 – Saturday, July 27
Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
This traditional US Lacrosse event will return to Florida this summer. The event will feature 96 of the top high school boys’ players in the country, representing all corners of the United States, competing in a four-team format over three (3) days.
In addition to the Boys’ Champion All-American Showcase, a US Lacrosse event, the US Lacrosse Under-15 National Championship (boys and girls) as well as the 2013 US Lacrosse Girls’ All-American Showcase are taking place at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
- Four (4) games over three (3) days at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Awesome Champion apparel – including game jersey, shorts, socks, pinnie and more
- Admission to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Two-night stay for athlete & guest at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort (Thursday & Friday)
- Welcome Team Dinner (Thursday)
US Lacrosse Promotes Good Sportsmanship
US Lacrosse, the national governing body of men’s and women’s lacrosse, is always pleased to have you share in the excitement of the game by attending an event. Through its current sportsmanship campaign, US Lacrosse has made a commitment to encourage fair play and good sportsmanship by the coaches, players, umpires and fans. You can do your part to honor the game by respecting all participants at the event and recognizing the value of fair play, both by the letter and the spirit of the rules of the game. Profanity, degrading remarks, and intimidating actions directed at officials or competitors will not be tolerated, and are grounds for removal from the event site. Thank you for honoring these principles and for promoting good sportsmanship at all US Lacrosse events.
Working through US Lacrosse’s High School Area Chairman, 96 of the nation’s elite players will be selected and invited after careful consultation with high school coaches in all regions.
The selection process is an open application process through the month of February and March. Player applications may be submitted directly to US Lacrosse, Attn: Brian McGettigan, Men’s Game Manager through March 15, 2013.
Following that date, applications must be submitted directly to your local High School Area Chairman, who will accept applications until April 1, 2013.
Player Eligibility Criteria
- Players must be current US Lacrosse members (through July 31, 2013) to play. Membership status can be checked here.
- Players selected to a team are responsible for all additional expenses including but not limited to, registration fee, travel costs (i.e. airfare) to and from the event and other incidentals.
- Players MUST wear the designated Champion/US Lacrosse apparel (provided) when asked, for the event.
- Each Area Chairman must be a US Lacrosse member to participate in the 2013 Post-Season Awards Recognition and All-American Showcase Selection Process.
- Players must be a US Lacrosse All-American candidate (All-State-All-League players are eligible).
- Players must be a current junior or senior in high school, classes of 2013 and 2014.
- Post high school graduates who continue to compete for a high school program ARE NOT eligible to be considered for the event.
- At the time of applying, applicant must be an active healthy player on his current team, and applicants must be of outstanding character, be in good standing in their school and community, and demonstrate great sportsmanship on and off the field.
- Players must be available to attend every aspect of the event (please refer to the dates and schedule).
2013 Champion All-American Showcase Coaches
Apply to coach elite players from across the country.
Contact person for event info & player selection info:
US Lacrosse Men’s Game Manager
(w) 410-235-6882 ext. 195