• The applicant group should have an organized and defined leadership structure, with clear goals and objectives.
• The applicant group should have a clearly defined timeline and plan to implement a lacrosse program.
• The applicant group must be a community based youth team or organization, or an elementary, middle or high school team. All participants should fall in the U9-U19 age brackets.
• The applicant group must be in the United States. Preference will be given to applicants from non-traditional areas (where lacrosse opportunities are currently limited or absent).
• The person applying on behalf of the team must be at least 18 years of age.
• Before You Apply - Please Review This Document
• Tips for a Successful Application
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Applicants not selected in 2012 may update and resubmit their applications in 2013.
• Overall quality and vision of the program.
• Defined and organized leadership.
• Team's pre-built foundation in place for success.
• Potential to impact a non-traditional area and underrepresented populations.
• Letters of recommendation.
US Lacrosse will be selecting recipients annually based on these criteria. Application for the First Stick Program does not guarantee selection.
First Stick Program 2013 Grant Timeline
May 3 - Grant application is available
July 15 - Deadline for submitting completed application
Aug 15 - Notification letters sent to all grant applicants
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader
In order to print and view PDF forms and documents in this section, you may need to download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader if it is not already installed on your system.