Chapter Recognition Program presents THE WESTERN MARYLAND CHAPTER with the March 2009 Award!
The Western Maryland Chapter of US Lacrosse is one with a rural setting, but with a population explosion and significant recent lacrosse impact for being outside the reaches of Baltimore’s lacrosse mecca. Founded by Bill Sardella and John Piper, Kim Lenta, current President, longtime board member and US Lacrosse volunteer and advocate gives this chapter a boost. Together and with a board of twelve, they have led this chapter to its comprehensive growth and service to its membership of around 1350. For the first time this past fall the chapter organized and offered a seven week youth fall ball program which increased their US Lacrosse membership by about 350, a 35% increase from that one event. This chapter is known for good communication with other chapters and with National Leadership and for chapter compliance.
Some of their recently sponsored events are:
• 3rd Level I coaches education clinic in four years - 80 coaches attended at the most recent
• 3rd year of PCA workshops
• Annual assistance at the HS Girls National Team tryouts for their region
• Boys High School All-star game
• Bull Roast & Silent Auction fundraiser
• U13 & U15 National Youth Festival Teams
• Awareness and support to three collegiate programs, multiple clubs, high school, and rec programs
• All-American and Academic All-American nominations
• Attendance at the Chapter Leadership Conference and US Lacrosse Convention
• Coming events for the chapter include its annual Bull & Oyster Roast & Silent Auction fundraiser, U13 & U15 Festival participation and new in 2009 – an Appreciation Event at a Washington Bayhawks game.
Learn more about this chapter which services Garrett, Alleghany, Washington, Frederick and Carroll Counties in Maryland at www.westernmduslax.org or by e-mailing email@example.com.