|This month, the Chapter of the Month designation goes to…
The New Jersey South Chapter of US Lacrosse!
New Jersey has had an active lacrosse organization as far back as the beginnings of US Lacrosse itself. As lacrosse interest exploded it became increasingly necessary to form a second New Jersey chapter to meet the needs and demands of growth. Thus the New Jersey South Foundation was formed in 2007. They currently hold several events with the North Chapter, such as the Garden State Challenge, Hall of Fame and Jersey Jamboree, to encourage state-wide participation in lacrosse.
Since its inception, New Jersey South’s Chapter President has been John Kalinowski, with President Emeritus Bob Sheridan. They are supported by up to 35 committed Board/Committee member volunteers. They presently have 8,986 members of US Lacrosse in their Chapter area. Some of the events the New Jersey South Chapter has recently sponsored and participated in are:
• 10th Annual New Jersey Lacrosse Jamboree for Youth and High School All-stars. It's a play day for boys and girls teams in affiliation with the North New Jersey Chapter
• Garden State Challenge Boys High School Showcase in affiliation with the North New Jersey Chapter.
• Golf Outing (North Chapter event for NJ Lacrosse Fans)
• Annual New Jersey Hall of Fame in affiliation with the North New Jersey Chapter
• New Start Program to assist beginning boys and girls Youth and High School programs with nets, goals, balls and support. This supplements the US Lacrosse New Start Program. They have assisted 40 new programs since the program began in 1999. (Five programs NJ South in 2007, first year of South Chapter affiliation with US Lacrosse as seprate entity)
• Level I coaches clinics plus Level II for boys coaches
• PCA workshops
• Held tryouts for and organized teams, including the U-13 and U-15 teams sent to the US Lacrosse Festivals.
If you would like to communicate with this Chapter, please visit their web site at www.njsouthlacrosse.org.