Presentations from the Symposium will be available online for those who registered for the event. Access should begin in early February.
This comprehensive, national level event on men's and women's lacrosse-specific sports medicine is open to all members of the medical and lacrosse communities, including physicians, athletic trainers, physical therapists, allied health personnel, coaches, administrators and students.
Fees range from $50-$150, based on participant category.
- Physicians - $150
- General Attendees/Allied Medical Personnel - $100
- Medical and Non-Medical Students (with ID) - $50
The event will feature presentations and panel discussions on the following topics:
- The State of Youth Sports in America
- Positive Youth Lacrosse Experience
- Trends in Lacrosse Injury Types and Public Health Interventions
- ACL Injuries and Prevention Strategies
- Nutrition for Lacrosse Athletes
- Head Acceleration Research in Lacrosse
- Returning Athletes to the Field
- Research and Medical Challenges for Lacrosse in 2015
Two optional bonus sessions will also be offered:
- Lacrosse Helmet Fitting and Facemask Removal
- ACL Prevention Program Training
(For certified coaches, by invitation only. If interested, please email to email@example.com).
Download the Event Schedule
The Sports Medicine Symposium is being hosted in conjunction with the 2015 US Lacrosse Convention. While registration for each event is independent, those attendees registering for the convention may add a symposium registration for just $35.
2015 US Lacrosse Sports Medicine Symposium Faculty
- *Jackie Berning, PhD, RD, Professor, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
- *Shane Caswell, ATC, PhD, Associate Professor, George Mason University
- Dawn Comstock, PhD, Associate Professor, University of Colorado Denver
- Justin Cooper, PT, MPT, Clinic Coordinator, MedStar NRH Rehabilitation Network
- *Trey Crisco, PhD, Professor of Orthopedic Research, Brown University
- Donald D'Allesandro, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon, OrthoCarolina
- *Randy Dick, PhD, former Coordinator of NCAA Injury Surveillance System
- Jay Dyer, Strength & Conditioning Coach, U.S. Men’s and Women’s National Teams
- Ricky Fried, Head Coach, Georgetown University and U.S. Women’s National Team
- *Richard Ginsburg, PhD, Co-Director, Mass General Sport Psychology Program
- Michael Higgins, PhD, Associate Professor, Towson University
- *Richard Hinton, MD, MPH, Director of MedStar Sports Medicine Fellowship
- Megan Huether, Assistant Coach, U.S. Naval Academy Women’s Lacrosse
- *Andrew Lincoln, ScD, MS, Director of MedStar Sports Medicine Research Center
- Milford Marchant, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon, MedStar Sports Medicine
- *Doug McKeag, MD, MS, FACSM, Indiana University Center for Sports Medicine
- Theresa Miyashita, PhD, Assistant Professor, Sacred Heart University
- Brad Mountcastle, ATC, Head Athletics Trainer, Johns Hopkins University
- Shawn Nadelen, Head Coach, Towson University Men’s Lacrosse
- Darin Padua, PhD, Director of Univ. of North Carolina Sports Medicine Research Lab
- John Parsons, PhD, ATC, Director of NCAA’s Sport Science Institute
- Greg Penczek, MS, LAT, ATC, Associate Athletic Trainer, Towson University
- *Margot Putukian, MD, Director of Sports Medicine, Princeton University
- Steven Rowson, PhD, Center for Injury Biomechanics
- Steve Stenersen, President and CEO, US Lacrosse
- Dee Stephan, Board of Directors, US Lacrosse
- Philip Stull, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon, Colorado Orthopedic Consultants
- Ryan Young, Professional Lacrosse Player, Charlotte Hounds
* US Lacrosse Sports Science and Safety Committee member
Lodging in Baltimore
Hilton Baltimore (host hotel)
401 W. Pratt St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
The Hilton is connected to the Baltimore Convention Center by covered skywalk.
Convention Rate: $135/night if booked by Dec. 23. Market pricing thereafter.
Make or Modify Reservation
Hotel Reservation System Questions
Assistance available at 1-800-282-6632 or via email.
MedStar Union Memorial Hospital is accredited by MedChi, The Maryland State Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. MedStar Union Memorial Hospital designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 7 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This course has been submitted to the Maryland State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for 7.5 CEUs; approval is pending.
Virginia PT boards accept MedStar NRH Rehabilitation Network courses because MedStar is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
MedStar NRH Rehabilitation Network is recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers. BOC Approved Provider Number: P1046. Number of hours actually participated: ____. Because of this recognition, the Virginia Physical Therapy Board of Examiners approves this course for the same CEUs.