AEDs are powerful, life-saving devices. In 2006, US Lacrosse entered a strategic alliance with Cardiac Science, a leading manufacturer of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs).
Through this alliance, US Lacrosse and Cardiac Science dedicate resources and personnel to establishing sport safety standards, providing educational resources and special pricing on AED units and Program Management for US Lacrosse members.
What is the AED Matching Grant Program?
The AED Matching Grant Program provides an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) for a highly discounted rate to awarded lacrosse teams, leagues and chapters. Awarded teams will receive one (1) Powerheart AED G3 Plus Automatic Unit, which comes with:
- Unit is complete with RescueCoach™ and CPR metronome to pace chest compressions
- 7‐year warranty and Intellisense lithium battery with 4‐year battery replacement guarantee
- Two (2) sets of adult defibrillation pads
- One (1) set of pediatric defibrillation pads
- Nylon carrying case
- Ready kit (CPR mask, latex gloves, razor, scissors, towel; more)
- Quick Start tool kit (CD-ROM manual, training video, cable; more)
Request More Info
What is the cost to my organization if awarded?
Organizations that are awarded AED Matching Grants will be able to purchase the device at a cost of just $700.
2015 Matching Grant Timeline
- March 1, 2015 - The application is available upon request.
- May 1, 2015 - Deadline for submitting completed applications to US Lacrosse.
- May 15, 2015 - US Lacrosse emails notification to applicants.
- Summer 2015 - US Lacrosse will order units from Cardiac Science for awarded teams.
Do You Need an AED Device Immediately?
If so, as a US Lacrosse member, you can take advantage of Special Discounts with Cardiac Science.
- Special 1: For $1,250, the Powerheart AED G3 Plus Automatic (with 7-year warranty).
- Special 2: For $1,250, the AED Program Management (includes AED/CPR training for up to 10 people, medical direction, and meticulous record tracking). Normally $1,600, now $1,250 for US Lacrosse teams and members.