1. Teaches and coaches the fundamentals of lacrosse, good sportsmanship, leadership, respect for teachers and adults, fair play, the importance of academics, and relates to and inspires confidence in students.
2. Communicates with the players in a respectful manner.
3. Works with the board of directors and high school sponsor in the selection and organization of a qualified coaching staff.
4. Organizes initial and ongoing team meetings and establishes team rules, procedures, and policies in writing and consistently and fairly monitors and enforces the same. Familiarity with UIL policies is a plus.
5. Abides by and enforces applicable polices on tobacco, alcohol and drugs.
6. Supervises regular practice sessions and games and is responsible for the conduct of participants and coaches at practices, games (before, during and after), and while traveling as a member of the team.
7. Leads the players and coaches in developing and instituting game day strategies appropriate to the competition; including scouting as necessary.
8. Manages facility scheduling for all events and performs field lining, occasional equipment maintenance and equipment ordering/inventory.
9. Assigns and supervises D2 and junior varsity coaching responsibilities.
10. Accompanies the team on all out-of-town games and tournaments to include riding the bus with the team as appropriate.
11. Responsible for representing program at THSLL events.
12. Leads the board of directors in scheduling games, contests, tournaments and spring break games/events.
13. Attends coaches’ meetings when called or scheduled and attends board meetings as appropriate.
14. Responsible for submitting to the board of directors.
a) an assessment of the successes and challenges of the season; b) program
needs for the following season; and c) other information as previously requested by the board.
15. Establishes and implements an off-season skills, summer travel and conditioning program for returning and interested players.
16. Assists in the organization of a season-ending banquet and participates in the same.
17. Actively participates in organization fund raising efforts, to include, but not limited to, efforts such as car washes and special camps/clinics.
18. Serves as an active ambassador to the Westlake Youth Lacrosse Organization to include participation in, and assistance in organizing a fall youth lacrosse clinic.
19. Assists and counsels players in the planning and decisions regarding post- high school lacrosse college opportunities.
20. Leads off-season skills and conditioning program.
21. As necessary, provides emergency medical treatment to players and coaches. CPR certification will be required.