The Houston Chapter is growing leaps and bounds and even receiving some national recognition and attention. We can not support the phenomenal growth and interest alone. All of us can contribute, whether it is time or money, big or small, every effort makes a difference.
Click here for an application to serve the Houston Chapter.
Opportunities to serve: Committees | Chairperson | Liaison |
- Coaches Education
- Hall of Fame and Special Awards
- New Teams
- Serve as the primary contact for USL staff specifically regarding Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) Clinics and Webinars, Sportsmanship Card Program and Youth Rules Development.
- Coordinate with you, middle school, and high school teams to train side line administrators.
- Coordinate with Youth League Board to identify an annual National Youth Awards Candidate.
- Support and spread US Lacrosse Men's and Women's Division Safety Campaigns and Initiatives.
- Report on clinic participation numbers, budget and overall turnout to the chapter board.
- Provide USL with feedback about your clinic hosting experience.
Hall of Fame and Special Awards
- Work with chapter board to provide a nomination process for Hall of Fame Inductees and other awards.
- Begin a H.O.F. Committee to begin working on establishing a Houston Chapter Hall of Fame.
- Coordinate and host chapter hall of fame awards and recognition banquet.
- Develop a process for the chapter to acknowledge people and teams for awards such as sportsmanship, honor the game, man of the year, woman of the year, etc.
- Work with the HS Rep to establish a local Century Club for coaches. Encourage local HS and College Coaches to apply for the USL Century Club
- Assist the USL in providing grant materials and letters of recommendation to members who wish to apply for an Equipment grant through USL Manager of Programs & Grants.
- Help support local entities who applied for a USL Equipment Grant but were not granted an equipment package.
- Administer a local grant program through the chapter that provides funding or equipment to programs in need.
- Review and apply for other grant opportunities (i.e. Nike Back Your Block, etc).
- Provide a complete recap of grant related activities to the chapter board including operation, budget details, applicants, and awards.
- Serve as chapter liaison to USL's Financial development Department.
- Provide proposals for the chapter board to vote on supporting Team USA donations and/or annual chapter gifts to First Sport Society
- Develop and implement fundraising initiative for the chapter.
- Work with the chapter board members to coordinate fundraising efforts with chapter events.
- Provide chapter board with fundraising totals and planned drives.
- Work with chapter exec board to establish annual fundraising goals.
- Coordinate with USL for chapter marketing and giveaway needs.
- Coordinate chapter booth or table set-ups at local high schools, collegiate, post collegiate, professional, and league tournaments.
- Create relationships with local college, post-collegiate and professional teams.
- Provide USL membership information at area events for recruitment and retention efforts.
- Develop membership retention efforts at all constituency levels.
- Develop local sponsorships and media relations for chapter hosted events, programs & initiatives.
New Team Mentor
- Work with the Diversity Coordinator, youth, middle, and high school Representatives to identify areas for new team development.
- Work with and mentor individuals, groups, and/or schools interested in starting a new team, i.e. assist with start up documents, bylaws, recruiting coaches, volunteers, and players.
- Work with the Marketing/Membership Coordinator to encourage USL membership.
- Assist new team in need with the USL Equipment Grant application process.
- Serve as the primary contact for chapter web content related updates, inquiries & changes.
- Responsible for keeping all website information up to date. Specifically post meeting dates, agendas, and minutes for members.
- Assist chapter with blast emails and electronic correspondence when applicable. Provide the chapter board with reports on website traffic.
- Work with USL to provide national content on chapter site.
- Work with the liaisons to provide communication to and from the Chapter (i.e. adult leagues, college teams).