Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I know if my chapter has a hall of fame?
If your chapter has a hall of fame, most likely it is listed on the chapter's web site.
- How do I find out who has been inducted into a chapter hall of fame?
All chapter inductees are listed under the specific chapter hall of fame. If you have any questions about someone you do not see listed, contact your local chapter.
- What is the difference between the US Lacrosse National Hall of Fame and a chapter hall of fame?
The chapter halls of fame are specific to a chapter or region and are chosen by the chapter hall of fame committee after nomination by a member of that chapter. The national hall of fame is a national recognition. After nomination, a national hall of fame selection committee votes in all inductees. If someone wishes to nominate a chapter hall of fame recipient to the national hall of fame, only the national induction criteria nomination form can be used.
- How do I nominate someone to my local chapter hall of fame?
Contact your local chapter via the president or other board members. You can access any chapter president's contact information here. You can also access the local chapter web site for additional contact information.
- Are players the only people nominated to a chapter or the national hall of fame?
No, players are only one category applicable to chapter and national halls of fame. The categories are a truly great player, a truly great coach, a truly great official/umpire or a truly great contributor.
- What questions should I ask my local chapter if I want to know about their hall of fame?
Ask if they currently have a hall of fame and/or a hall of fame committee. Chapters are often in need of more support and should always be open to hosting a hall of fame event if the volunteer support is there and it is applicable to the area. If they do have a hall of fame, ask what their nomination process is and how you can submit someone for consideration.
- I need information about the National Hall of Fame?
Information pertaining to all aspects of our national hall of fame is located here. If you do not find the information you are looking for you can e-mail email@example.com.
- I am a chapter hall of fame inductee or I know one who I do not see listed on your web site?
Please contact your local chapter. If you or someone you know is a chapter hall of fame inductee, please contact the chapter hall of fame committee chair or chapter president. Have them send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once US Lacrosse receives the request, the information will be posted as soon as possible.
- I am a chapter board member. How can I obtain information about starting a chapter hall of fame?
Please contact US Lacrosse. Contact either email@example.com (410.235.6882 x102) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I am a chapter board member and I want to nominate a local hall of fame inductee to the national hall of fame?
All nomination processes, criteria and documents can be found on our National Hall of Fame web site.
- I did not find the answer to my question about a local chapter hall of fame?
If your question pertains to a local chapter hall of fame, click on the chapter president’s name on our ‘Contact your local Chapter’ page. You can also click on the chapter web site link to take you to further contacts and information.