Established in 1980, this division features high school aged players representing the US Lacrosse region in which they live and play. This year, approximately 60 teams are expected to compete and will be placed into seven (7) divisions, which are further broken into pools. The Valerie Walchak Trophy is awarded to the winning team in the Onondaga Division.
Who Can Play?
All girls that are high school varsity players, grades 9-11, or play for an approved scholastic club team, can try out for the NT. Please contact your coach or your sub-regional chair for the specific process and details for your area. For example, some regions require try-out invitations. Requirements vary by sub-region. Please us the grid attached below for region-by-region tryout information.
Costs & Fees
Player fees are required to participate and will be paid to the Sub-Regional Chair or Team Coordinator. There may be a tryout fee and there may be an additional fee for those that are selected to a team. These fees vary from region to region and will cover the costs of tryouts, uniforms and other expenses.
- Non-refundable and not to exceed $55.
- These fees offset expenses for the tryout fields, officials and coaches.
Tournament Team Fees
- Additional team expenses (after excess tryout fees are used) are determined and collected by the Sub-Regional selection chairs. These are used to offset the cost of the tournament fee, uniforms, tournament coaches’ travel and lodging expenses.
Tryout Registration Process – Register Online
You will be asked to provide your contact information and you must be a current US Lacrosse member through the end of the tournament (May 31, 2014). The information you provide is included in the college coaches recruiting handbook. Once you complete the online registration form, the confirmation screen will provide further information (i.e. – where to send tryout fee, confirmed date/time/location of tryout, etc.). You will also receive a confirmation e-mail upon completing the registration form.
Online Tryout Application
Schoolgirl players DO NOT check-in at this event. Check-in is for COACHES ONLY.
Players: Find out from your coach before you arrive where to meet to receive team uniforms and last minute details.
Sub-Regional Coordinator Information
College Coach Registration
Register online for FREE by Tuesday, May 20 to receive the following benefits:
- E-mail copy of the 2014 Player Profile Book & grid schedule to help you plan – to be sent Wednesday, May 21 to the e-mail address provided on the registration form
- Admission band providing you with access to a Hospitality Tent for College Coaches ONLY – to get out of the sun, plan your day, or grab some refreshments and relax
- Meal voucher for lunch at the fields each day of attendance – Pre-Registration Required
All coaches that plan to attend – i.e. Head Coach &/or Assistant Coach(es) – need to register individually to receive the benefits listed above.
List of Colleges Attending
Coaches that register online will receive an e-mail (sent to the e-mail address provided during registration) on May 21 from US Lacrosse which will include the Player Profile Book, team rosters and the event schedule as attachments. If you registered online and do not receive this e-mail (and have checked all incoming mailboxes), please contact US Lacrosse at email@example.com.
College Coach Registration
NOTE: ALL college coaches (regardless of pre-registration) receive the benefits of the hospitality tent once they register onsite. Only those who pre-register will receive an electronic copy of the Player Profile book, preferred parking and free lunch.