Because Leadership Matters…
As young children we learn to play follow the leader. On the lacrosse field we trust the leadership of our coaches and examples set by team captains in the pursuit of victory. Leaders inspire others to act. We invite you now to continue a leadership role in lacrosse with a contribution to the US Lacrosse First Sport Society.
The First Sport Society recognizes generous donors of $1,000 or more to US Lacrosse and honors the Native American communities who are credited as the early participants of lacrosse – America’s first sport.
Gift levels include:
- $1,000 Cayuga Society
- $2,500 Cherokee Society
- $5,000 Choctaw Society
- $7,500 Dakota Society
- $10,000 Mohawk Society
- $25,000 Ojibwe Society
- Gifts over $50,000 honor the Oneida, Onondaga, Ottawa, Seneca, Tuscarora Societies
- Gifts over $1,000,000 are recognized as Iroquois Lifetime Achievement Society.
First Sport Society gifts generate meaningful financial resources and set an example for others to follow toward supporting US Lacrosse’s mission to ensure a unified and responsive organization that develops and promotes the sport by providing services to its members and programs to inspire participation, while preserving the integrity of the game.
Through increased levels of participation and thoughtful financial commitments, the First Sport Society helps US Lacrosse to effectively and more quickly support the current funding needs of the sport and help to sustain the lacrosse legacy of the future.In addition to the leadership role they accept in making their gift, First Sport Society members also enjoy:
- Invitations to exclusive US Lacrosse events, such as the National Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, First Sport Society VIP events at the US Lacrosse National Convention and other events hosted across the county.
- Access to US Lacrosse hospitality at lacrosse events nationwide
- A quarterly First Sport Society newsletter with advance press on important developments from the Executive Director and Foundation Board and other "insider" communications
- Recognition in the US Lacrosse Annual Report as First Sport Society donors
- Complimentary one-year membership to US Lacrosse, including subscription to Lacrosse Magazine
- Connections with US Lacrosse leaders
Support in the First Sport Society is renewable on an annual basis, and all pledges must be paid by the end of the fiscal year. There are many ways to make significant gifts to US Lacrosse, and corporate matching gifts count toward membership.
For specific gift arrangements or for more information on US Lacrosse giving opportunities, please contact US Lacrosse's Financial Development Department at 410.235.6882, ext. 121, or please contact us via e-mail at [email protected].
Contributions to US Lacrosse, a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, are deductible for computing income and estate taxes.