US Lacrosse is seeking applications for the position of Head Coach for the 2015 U.S. Women’s Under-19 National Team.
The head coach of the U.S. Women’s Under-19 National Team is primarily responsible for the training, selection, coaching and leadership of the U.S. Women’s Under-19 National Team. He or she will work with US Lacrosse staff to determine a team schedule as it fits into the planned cycle. The head coach must be a current coach at the high school level—or equivalent—and should have:
- Significant competitive lacrosse coaching experience at the high school level and a demonstrated record of success on the field as a coach and mentor to athletes
- Experience with and demonstrated support of US Lacrosse and the U.S. Women’s National Teams
- A willingness to promote and grow the U.S. Women’s National Teams Program
- A willingness and capacity to develop relationships with U.S. Women’s National Team coaches, staff and players
- Strong communication skills and positive relationships with top collegiate, high school, and club coaches
- Experience with and exposure to the women’s international game
- Proven capacity for raising funds on behalf of a team
In 2011, head coach Krystin Porcella (John Carroll School, Md.) led Team USA to its fourth consecutive gold medal (1999, 2003, 2007) at the FIL World Cup in Hannover, Germany. The U.S. Women’s U19 Team will go for gold at the 2015 FIL World Cup in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Hiring Process Timeline
|Dec. 1||Deadline for Head Coach applications|
|Dec. 13||Finalists invited to interview|
|Jan. 11||In-person interviews (Philadelphia, Pa.)|
|Jan. 20||Head Coach announced|
|Jan. 21||Head Coach joins Coach Selection Committee for selection of Assistant Coaches and Support Staff|
|Feb. 17||Assistant Coaches and Support Staff announced|
Schedule (subject to change)
|May 23-25||First round of tryouts*||TBD|
|Jul. 25-27||Second round of tryouts**||TBD|
|Oct. 10-12||Stars & Stripes training and competition weekend||TBD|
* Takes place over Memorial Day at the US Lacrosse National Tournament.
** Typically takes place the last weekend in July or first weekend in August.
|Jan. 9-11||US Lacrosse National Convention||TBD|
|Jan. 23-25||Champion Challenge – training and competition||TBD|
|May 22-24||National Tournament – training and competition||TBD|
|June ||Training camp||TBD|
|Jul. 23-Aug. 1||2015 FIL Women’s U19 World Cup ||Edinburgh, Scotland|
For additional information or with specific questions, please contact Nathaniel Badder, director of national teams, at (410) 235-6882 x182 or firstname.lastname@example.org.