The How to Make Proper Contact (HTMPC) in Boys' & Men's Lacrosse course demonstrates the correct way to make and receive proper contact in boys' and men's lacrosse. The course, featuring host Sam Bradman (LXM Pro Tour & MLL's Rochester Rattlers), is an essential resource for coaches, players, parents and officials. It navigates the user through nine units of written and video instruction, graphs, drills and other US Lacrosse resources for members to use and refer to as often as needed.
Effective Feb. 1, 2014, HTMPC was added to the requirements for men’s CEP Level 1 certification. It is recommended that the course be taken by coaches, players, parents, officials, as well as any coach that earned US Lacrosse CEP certification prior to the HTMPC requirement.
Access your Online Courses
How to Make Proper Contact is free to all US Lacrosse members.
- Embrace contact in the men's game as an integral part of the game.
- Educate where contact happens during the men's game, and how learning to properly accept impact can help keep players safe.
- Explain proper contact form and application to keep play safe and legal.
- Encourage drills and skills to be taught as all age levels and based on the appropriate level of contact for that age group.
- Educate players, coaches, and parents about situations that occur around contact and how to discuss and react to them as they occur in the sport.
More About the Online Course
- The online course contains a transcript, photos, diagrams and streaming videos to help visually enhance the learning experience.
- The course will generally take about one to two hours to complete and can be done in more than one sitting. You have as long as you need to complete the course.
- You also receive unlimited access to your courses and the resource materials as long as your membership to US Lacrosse remains current.
- Online Course Registration/Access Instructions
Not a member? Check out our preview version of this course: