Note: US Lacrosse will be transitioning over to an all new E-learning Management System in January. The system will be closed to any new course purchases on December 18. All courses in the old system must be completed by January 8. During the transition, we will maintain your completed e-learning history and certifications, but you will lose any progress you have made in a course that you have not yet completed.
US Lacrosse members who have completed the old Level 1 online course are strongly encouraged to take this new, updated version and access even more resources and information. Previous online course completion will still be credited toward Level 1 certification.
The Level 1 online course is the first step in your journey into the Coaching Education Program and becoming certified. We recommend that you complete the online course, and then round out your experience with a Level 1 instructional clinic to apply the principles you learn from the course with additional hands-on, in-person interaction.
Access your online courses
Level 1 courses are free to all US Lacrosse members.
In the Level 1 online courses, coaches will learn how to:
- Build a positive coaching philosophy
- Communicate effectively with players
- Understand basic player safety and risk management responsibilities
- Utilize strategies for teaching skills and tactics for youth and/or beginning players
- Plan an effective and age-appropriate practice and season
More About the Online Course
- The Level 1 online course contains photos, diagrams and streaming videos to help visually enhance the learning experience.
- The course will generally take about 2-3 hours to complete and can be completed in more than one sitting.
- You also receive unlimited access to your courses and the resource materials as long as your US Lacrosse membership remains current.
- Online Course Registration/Access Instructions