Teacher-friendly, easy-to-use co-ed curriculum designed for use with soft-lacrosse equipment in a safe, non-contact version the game. The curriculum provides age specific units plans, lesson plans, drills, games, educational handouts, cross-curricular activities and more. Aligns with national standards and was developed in partnership with the National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The comprehensive teacher’s manual contains three 10-day units for Elementary (grades 4-6), Middle School (grades 6-8) and High School (grades 9-12) students. All three grade levels are included in the manual so that teachers may customize and utilize resources from the entire curriculum to meet the unique needs of their students. Curriculum also includes a packet of reproducible masters for each unit.
Each unit includes:
- Cognitive, psychomotor, and affective objectives
- Unit overview chart with National Standards identified
- 10 comprehensive lesson plans, including teaching cues
- Skill diagrams and illustrations
- Modified rules for safe play at all levels
- Reproducible handouts for students
- Cross-curricular connections and recommended resources for enhancing the unit
- Drills, games, assessment charts, quizzes, study guides and more
The US Lacrosse Teaching Soft-Stick Lacrosse DVD provides a complete video-based instructional workshop on teaching and playing soft lacrosse. Video clips presented in the DVD are now on the US Lacrosse website. Access is free of charge and you do not have to be a US Lacrosse member.
Click here to get access to the online video clips.
By watching the video, viewers will learn:
- The origins of lacrosse and the variations of the game
- The basic skills of lacrosse
- How to teach these skills to players
- Fun drills and activities
- Rules and execution of soft lacrosse game play
The PE Curriculum and DVD may be purchased online by clicking here.