AEDs are powerful, life-saving devices. In 2006, US Lacrosse entered a strategic alliance with Cardiac Science, a leading manufacturer of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs).
Through this alliance, US Lacrosse and Cardiac Science dedicate resources and personnel to establishing sport safety standards, providing educational resources and special pricing on AED units and Program Management for US Lacrosse members.
What is the AED Matching Grant Program?
The AED Matching Grant Program provides an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) for a highly discounted rate to awarded lacrosse teams, leagues and chapters. Awarded teams will receive one (1) Powerheart AED G3 Plus Automatic Unit, which comes with:
- Unit is complete with RescueCoach™ and CPR metronome to pace chest compressions
- 7‐year warranty and Intellisense lithium battery with 4‐year battery replacement guarantee
- Two (2) sets of adult defibrillation pads
- One (1) set of pediatric defibrillation pads
- Nylon carrying case
- Ready kit (CPR mask, latex gloves, razor, scissors, towel; more)
- Quick Start tool kit (CD-ROM manual, training video, cable; more)
Get More Details - 2014 FAQ
What is the cost to my organization if awarded?
Groups that are awarded 2014 AED Matching Grants will be able to purchase the device at a cost of just $700.
How do I apply to the 2014 AED Matching Grant?
The AED Matching Grant Program is an annual initiative of US Lacrosse. Once the new cycle launches, the grant application typically remains open for a period of 2-3 months. All of the instructions to apply, in addition to qualifications and selection criteria, are included on the application. Please make note of the 2014 timetable, shown below:
2014 Application Timeline
- January 15, 2014: Launch of online applications
- April 1, 2014: Deadline for submitting applications (submission period now closed)
- April 15, 2014: US Lacrosse emails notification to applicants
- Summer/Fall 2014: Awarded teams can expect to receive the unit from Cardiac Science
Do You Need an AED Device Immediately?
If so, as a US Lacrosse member, you can take advantage of Special Discounts with Cardiac Science.
- Special 1: For $1,250, the Powerheart AED G3 Plus Automatic (with 7-year warranty).
- Special 2: For $1,250, the AED Program Management (includes AED/CPR training for up to 10 people, medical direction, and meticulous record tracking). Normally $1,600, now $1,250 for US Lacrosse teams and members.