What is the Sportsmanship Matching Grant Program?
The US Lacrosse Sportsmanship Matching Grant is designed to help lacrosse organizations educate their leaders, coaches, parents and athletes on honoring the game. Through this grant, US Lacrosse will subsidize 50% of the cost of a one-year Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) partnership to awarded organizations. The partnership consists of up to 3 workshops for leaders, coaches, parents or athletes. In addition, US Lacrosse will cover 100% of the cost of up to 100 books, which accompany (and are required for) all live "in-person" PCA workshops.
In addition, you will receive these partner benefits:
- One (1) PCA banner
- Monthly 2-minute drills and Leadership Game Plan (Tips for leaders/parents/coaches/athletes)
- "From the Ground Up" (A guide for leaders of youth sports organizations)
- Exclusive access to PCA Partners resource website
- Use of the PCA logo and content on your organization’s website
- PCA Momentum - the electronic newsletter
- Member discounts on PCA merchandise
- Account management support
2014 Grant ApplicationFAQsPCA Best Practices
How will a PCA partnership benefit my organization?
- Leaders (board members, administration, etc.) learn how to establish and sustain a Positive Coaching culture so that every leader, coach, parent and player understands what it means to "Honor the Game."
- Coaches receive practical tools to help them become a successful Double-Goal Coach®.
- Coaches receive a PCA certificate card for completion of Double-Goal Coach training.
- Parents learn how to help their kids get the most out of the lacrosse experience and to focus on his or her role as a Second-Goal Parent® in maintaining the Positive Culture.
- Athletes will have more fun, increase their capacity to develop and learn, and will be more likely to return to play lacrosse the next year.
How much will this cost my organization?
We recommend that organizations budget between $500 and $1,500 toward this initiative (pending grant type awarded). Non-underwritten cost to grant recipient will NOT exceed $1,500.
Depending on location and number of attendees, US Lacrosse and PCA reserve the right to choose which type of grant (live "in-person" or online) is awarded to particular areas.
2014 Application Timeline
August 5, 2014: Application available online
October 15, 2014: Postmark deadline for submitting completed applications
October 15-30, 2014: Application review process
November 1, 2014: US Lacrosse begins email notification to applicants
March 15, 2015: PCA Workshops must be completed by this date
Annual Sportsmanship Matching Grants are limited based on resources available. US Lacrosse is placing emphasis to award grants to lacrosse organizations that have an established administrative infrastructure, demonstrate financial need and display commitment to provide a positive playing environment for its participants.