Educating, promoting and encouraging sportsmanship is one of US Lacrosse’s priorities for 2014. With the rapid growth of the sport, US Lacrosse believes in order to maintain the integrity of the game, all coaches, officials, parents, program administrators, fans and players must actively enforce the rules of the game and practice good sportsmanship at all times. US Lacrosse seeks to have sportsmanship established as a core value for every team in every program across the country.
Signing the pledge is voluntary, but demonstrates your support and commitment of the US Lacrosse safety and sportsmanship campaign.
This season I pledge to COMPETE with CLASS and HONOR THE GAME…
- I will honor the history of the lacrosse and commit to the maintaining the core values of the game's culture.
- I will recognize the value of safe and fair play by teaching, enforcing and playing by the letter and spirit of the men's game.
- I will practice and encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every game, practice or other men’s lacrosse event.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of our players ahead of any personal desire to win.
- I will support coaches and officials working with players in order to encourage a safe, positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I will do my very best to make the sport fun for everyone who participates.
- I will ask all family members and fans to be tolerant and inclusive by treating other players, coaches, fans and officials with high regard and respect.