Teammates on Gina
One of the veteran defenders…her intelligence is a big asset…really understands on-ball and off-ball concepts…patient on-ball and chooses her moments very well… a wall on our defense…has this strength and power…so devoted to the team…took a year off and came back because she didn’t feel like her time was up.
- Two-time FIL World Cup gold medalist (2009, 2013)
- Led team with 10 ground balls and seven caused turnovers at 2013 FIL World Cup
- 2009 FIL World Cup All-World Team
- 2008 Prague Cup Touring Team
- U.S. National Team (2006-09, 2011-13)
- U.S. Developmental Team (2004-06)
- IWLCA/US Lacrosse All-America second team (2003), third team (2004)
- ALC Player of the Year (2003)
- ALC Rookie of the Year (2002)
- All-ALC first team (2002-05)
- Ohio State’s career leader in ground balls (236) and caused turnovers (201).
- Ranks second in program history in goals (125) and draw controls (121), third in career points (166) and sixth in assists (41).
- Led Buckeyes in ground balls (70), draw controls (27) and caused turnovers (51) as a senior in 2005
- As a junior in 2004, led team in goals (25), assists (11), points (36), ground balls (54), draw controls (28) and caused turnovers (46)
|Year ||GP-GS ||G ||A ||PTS ||GB ||DC ||CT |
|2005 ||16-16 ||29 ||5 ||34 ||70 ||27 ||51 |
|2004 ||14-14 ||25 ||11 ||36 ||54 ||28 ||46 |
|2003 ||18-17 ||43 ||13 ||56 ||68 ||42 ||53 |
|2002 ||16-16 ||28 ||12 ||40 ||44 ||24 ||51 |
|Total ||64-63 ||125 ||41 ||166 ||236 ||121 ||201 |
Off the Field
- Head women's lacrosse coach at Cincinnati
Getting to Know...
- Nickname: G
- Other sports played in high school: Basketball and field hockey
- Favorite lacrosse player: Cherri Greer
- Favorite athlete from another sport: Michael Jordan
- Best advice received from a coach: “Never be sorry” – my father’s last words to me about life.
- Strengths as a player: Defense and competitiveness
- What should every player at your position be able to do on the field: Team defense is the best defense! Footwork is huge.
- Favorite drill: 7v7
- What do you wish you knew earlier as a lacrosse player: Controlling the game – understanding when to slow it down and speed it up. It’s okay not to go full out the entire time.
- Best lacrosse moment: Winning gold in 2009.
- Fun fact: I listen to Kobe Bryant by Lil Wayne before every game.