Teammates on Katie
Quiet but deadly…quick in whatever she does…smart off-ball player in terms of cutting ability…speed makes her very dynamic…super deceptive with backdoor cuts…plays really well with Cait [McFadden], also from Maryland…places shot really well.
- Gold medalist at 2013 FIL World Cup in Oshawa, Ontario
- Scored 10 goals and added four assists in seven tournament games
- Youngest member of the team
- One of two former Terrapins on the roster (McFadden)
- U.S. National Team (2010-13)
- Tewaaraton Award winner (2012-13), finalist (2011)
- Honda Sports Award finalist (2011)
- IWLCA National Midfielder of the Year (2011-13)
- IWLCA All-America first team (2011-13), third team (2010)
- ACC Offensive Player of the Year (2012-13), All-ACC first team (2010-13)
- ACC Championship Most Valuable Player (2012-13), All-ACC Tournament Team (2011-13)
- NCAA All-Tournament team (2010-13)
- ACC Rookie of the Year (2010)
- Finished her career ranked third all-time in Maryland history in goals (228) and points (304).
- One of three two-time Tewaaraton Award winners, along with Kristen Kjellman (2006-07) and Hannah Nielsen (2008-09).
- As a senior, led an undefeated Maryland sqaud to the NCAA championship game, leading the Terps in ground balls and ranking second in goals, assists, points and draw controls.
- As a junior, led ACC and ranked second nationally with 72 goals, the fifth-highest mark in Terps single-season history, and scored in every game. Also ranked second on the Terps in ground balls, draw controls and caused turnovers.
- As a sophomore, led Maryland in goals (65) and totaled 45 draw controls, 22 caused turnovers and 38 ground balls.
- Scored 33 goals as a freshman, including three in Maryland's victory over Northwestern in the 2010 NCAA championship game.
|Year ||GP-GS ||G ||A ||PTS ||GB ||DC ||CT |
|2013 ||23-23 ||58 ||27 ||85 ||39 ||39 ||19 |
|2012 ||23-23 ||72 ||22 ||94 ||31 ||52 ||17 |
|2011 ||23-23 ||65 ||16 ||81 ||38 ||45 ||22 |
|2010 ||23-20 ||33 ||11 ||44 ||38 ||29 ||15 |
|Total ||92-89 ||228 ||76 ||304 ||146 ||165 ||73 |
Getting to Know...
- Nickname: Shorty
- Other sports played in high school: Soccer, basketball
- Favorite lacrosse player: Jen Adams
- Favorite athlete from another sport: Ray Lewis
- Best advice received from a coach: Always believe in yourself and trust your instincts.
- Strengths as a player: Speed
- What should every player at your position be able to do on the field: Play both offense and defense
- Favorite drill: 4v3 transition
- Most important part of your preparation for a season: I work out with my Maryland trainer Mike Szemborski all year and in the summer.
- Tip for young players: Pick up your stick whenever you have the opportunity.
- Best lacrosse moment: Winning the 2010 National Championship.
- Fun fact: Sister, Lauren, is also a member of the U.S. Women’s National Team Program.