Teammates on Katrina
An extremely exciting player, both to watch and to play with…draws attention with and without the ball…great finisher…defending her is one of the hardest things I’ve had to do…so quick and skilled…I feel like her stick is a third arm…always comes to practice with a new stick trick.
- Gold medalist at 2013 FIL World Cup in Oshawa, Canada
- One of three former Wildcats on the roster (Albrecht, Munday)
- 2013 FIL World Cup All-World Team
- Led team with 26 goals and 36 points in 2013 FIL World Cup
- Set U.S. record for goals in a World Cup tournament, with 26 in seven games at the 2013 tournament.
- Her 36 points at the 2013 FIL World Cup rank second-best in program history, trailing only Lindsey Munday (37, 2009)
- Previously wore jersey No. 6 before changing to No. 4, her college number, in fall 2012
- U.S. National Team (2009-13)
- U.S. Developmental Team (2008-09)
- IWLCA/US Lacrosse All-America first team (2009, 2010)
- Tewaaraton Award finalist (2010)
- ALC Player of the Year (2010)
- NCAA Championship Most Outstanding Player (2009)
- Set all-time NCAA tournament record with 45 career goals
- Helped Northwestern to three NCAA Championships (2007-09)
- IWLCA Attacker of the Year in 2010, ranked second nationally in goals (77) and points (110)
- Finished career ranked fourth in Northwestern history with 209 career goals
- As a senior in 2010, led Wildcats in goals (77), assists (33), points (110) and ground balls (42), and ranked second in draw controls (59) and caused turnovers (21)
|Year ||GP-GS ||G ||A ||PTS ||GB ||DC ||CT |
|2010 ||21-21 ||77 ||33 ||110 ||42 ||59 ||21 |
|2009 ||23-20 ||75 ||13 ||88 ||34 ||10 ||15 |
|2008 ||22-19 ||40 ||5 ||45 ||24 ||6 ||15 |
|2007 ||22-5 ||17 ||7 ||24 ||13 ||8 ||6 |
|Total ||88-65 ||209 ||58 ||267 ||113 ||83 ||57 |
Off the Field
- Assistant women's lacrosse coach at North Carolina
Getting to Know
- Nickname: Trix
- Twitter: @KatrinaDowd4
- Other sports played in high school: Basketball, soccer.
- Favorite lacrosse player: Hannah Nielsen
- Favorite athlete from another sport: Rafael Nadal
- Best advice received from a coach: Do your very best. It’ll be enough.
- Strengths as a player: Finishing ability, swagger.
- Game day ritual: White bandana
- Best lacrosse moment: Going undefeated and winning a national championship in 2009.
- Special talent: Stick tricks.