US Lacrosse is seeking applicants for its annual USL Coaches Diversity Convention Scholarship. Scholarship winners will be provided with free registration for the US Lacrosse Convention and a travel stipend of up to $500 to attend the event. Regarded as the premier educational and networking event in the world for lacrosse coaches, officials and administrators, the US Lacrosse Convention will be hosted in Philadelphia, January 10-12, 2020. The Coaches Diversity Convention Scholarship exists to provide funds to deserving leaders in the lacrosse community who require financial assistance in order to pursue additional professional development opportunities in coaching.
Who is eligible to apply for the Coaches Diversity Convention Scholarship?
- Coaches who provide lacrosse programming for underserved or underrepresented youth.
- Coaches that offer lacrosse participation opportunities in which the majority of the participants or intended recipients are people of color.
- New or experienced coaches that serve diverse communities.
- Urban youth coaches
- Coaches that provide lacrosse programming for adults or youth with physical or mental disabilities.
- New or experienced coaches that offer lacrosse participation opportunities in non-traditional lacrosse communities.
- Coaches of color
- Coaches that provide lacrosse participation opportunities for at-risk youth.
Applications will be reviewed as submitted. Applicants that were awarded a convention scholarship last year cannot be awarded again in a subsequent year.
All applications are due by October 18, 2019 at 5pm EST. Any applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted. All applicants will be notified by October 24, 2019.