US Lacrosse strives to break down barriers to participation by providing resources, training opportunities, grants, programs, and financial support to qualified organizations. US Lacrosse delivers grants to member organizations and other non-profit organizations who demonstrate the following characteristics:
- A spirit of collaboration, partnership, and alliance-building in their community
- A commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- A willingness to grow a relationship over time with US Lacrosse
- Experienced and committed local leadership and governance
- Programming that serves the community and is player-centered
- Seeks to provide services that are transformative in the lives of the athletes
- A culture of accountability and commitment to best practices and policies
- Shared belief in the US Lacrosse mission; giving every child the opportunity to have a great lacrosse experience
All organizations seeking funding, grants, or support, regardless of the amount or type requested, are required to meet the following criteria:
- Directly serves youth between ages 6-19 with a priority on youth ages 14 and under
- Located in and serves youth within the United States
- Operates an organized sport, recreational activity, or fitness program
- Offers consistent/structured opportunity for lacrosse play to large groups of children
- Deliver sports/physical activity programming to children ages 6-19
- Deliver programming through experienced and committed leadership
- Deliver a minimum 6-week sports/physical activity program
- Give preference to organizations working with both boys and girls
- US Lacrosse prioritizes awarding grants to nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) designation
*Note: US Lacrosse will require a copy of current IRS determination letter indicating 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status, along with the Employer Identification Number (EIN) for all awarded organizations during STAGE 2 of the Grant Process. Any exemption to this requirement will be communicated to the organization by US Lacrosse.
- US Lacrosse prioritizes awarding grants to organizations that require all players and coaches to have a US Lacrosse Membership to participate in their program. If your organization does not currently require US Lacrosse Membership to participate, but you want to learn more, please click here or contact your Regional Manager.
*Note: This preference excludes Physical Education Grants and Coach Development Clinic Grants.