To build cardiovascular fitness through pyramid style sprints that keep your conditioning on the field and sport specific. Also, to allow the proper recovery time to get the most out of your workout and receive maximum gains for your efforts.
Description of Drill-Execution
- Sprint 10 yards from midfield to end of wing line - Rest 20 seconds
- Sprint 20 yards from one end of wing line to other - Rest 40 seconds
- Sprint 30 yards from wing line to restraining box - Rest 55 seconds
- Sprint 40 yards from restraining box to restraining box - Rest 70 seconds
- Sprint 60 yards from restraining box to goal line - Rest 85 seconds
- Sprint 80 yards from goal line to goal line - Rest 100 seconds
- Sprint 95 yards from goal line to end line - Rest 110 seconds
- Sprint 110 yards from end line to end line – Done!
Variations/Progression/Increased difficulty (As your players improve their skills incorporate the following…)
Have player go after ground balls as they start each sprint or start with a push-up off of the ground.