Work the clears down the sidelines and force a long slide out of the defense.
Description of Drill-Execution
This drill utilizes a long pole at the midfield line, who tries to bait or run with a midfielder who initiates the drill from the corner.
- Goalie outlets to M1, who races upfield
- Long pole at midfield, either feathers or baits M1
- M1 passes to M2, who tries to force defensive side for unsettled situation
- Upon a shot, goal or losing the ball G2 releases the ball to M3 who races upfiels in opposite direction
- Long pole, if beaten badly should go to hole and then check backside pipe
- Ball Movement
- Defensive Position
Variations/Progression/Increased difficulty (As your players improve their skills incorporate the following…)
Add additional trailers to the mix, or add additional defenders to the plays.