Warm Up, Skills
Get lots of players involved in shooting drills, make the movements game like, work a rotation from the x position.
Description of Drill-Execution
This is a six line shooting drill designed to stress proper cutting, passing and shooting on the midfield, as well as finishing on attack. Excellent pregame drill.
- Two balls are started at same time as midfield (M1 and M2) with passes to the attack. First pass should not be from a stationary position!
- Both attack (A1 and A2) move to meet the ball then roll behind the cage.
- As A1 and A2 switches sides, M1 and M2 do the same.
- A1 and A2 must realistically attack the cage prior to feeding cutting midfielders.
- After feeding M1 and M2, A1 and A2 cut toward net, receiving a pass from opposite side.
- Off Ball Offense
- Strong and Weak Hand Play
Variations/Progression/Increased difficulty (As your players improve their skills incorporate the following…)
Add defensive players at points to make feeds or cuts more game like.