Lynbrook High School
To develop full field transition and broken situation offensive and defensive skills.
Description of Drill-Execution
Two full teams set up anywhere on a full field. Coach throws out the ball to any part of the field. Player who gets the ball has to move it up-field within 5 seconds. If the ball slows down for more than 5 seconds, coach blows the whistle and throws out another ball to a different part of the field. Try to make spectacular full field transition plays. Have your team look for the following:
- Pushing the ball up the field offensively
- Moving off the ball in a full field situation
- Keeping eyes up looking for up-field opportunities
- Also forces the defense to get back on defense and communicate
- Long passes are encouraged
- Field Awareness
- Fast Break
- Even Strength Drill
Variations/Progression/Increased difficulty (As your players improve their skills incorporate the following…)
Keep the drill fresh by blowing a whistle where the ball slows down. Throw out new ball to any part of the field.