Redefend & Backside Double
Basic, can be progressed
This objective of this game is to help teach redefending after a shot/save and creating opportunities for a backside double.
Description of Drill-Execution
- Goal keeper starts with the ball on a clear
- One defender (X1) covers the goalie - Stick and arm length in front of the crease.
- NEVER go behind GLE. If the goalie or other players go below GLE, let them. Contain and stay in front.
- Defender X1 forces the Goalie to pass right or left
- Defenders X2 & X3 allow the clear low right or left
- Defenders should look to trap in corners, double team the ball carrier, force a turnover or
- pass back to goalie.
- Defenders should shift as the ball shifts - Overplaying ball side
- Always looking to keep the ball and players in front/below
Force pass to low corner and then deploy the trap and double
- Keep players in front
- Shift as ball shifts
- Hunt the ball, create chaos and turnovers.