Offense, Defense, Midfield, Goalie
To build cardiovascular fitness through pyramid style sprints that keep your conditioning on field and sport specific. Also, to allow the proper recovery time to get the most out of your workout and receive maximum gains for your efforts.
Description of Drill-Execution
- Sprint 20 yards from midfield to restraining box/ Rest 20 seconds
- Spring 40 yards from restraining box to restraining box/ Rest 40 seconds
- Sprint 55 yards from restraining box to 12-meter arc/ rest 55 seconds
- Sprint 70 yards from 12-meter arc to 12-meter arc/ Rest 70 seconds
- Sprint 85 yards from 12-meter arc to goal line/ Rest 85 seconds
- Sprint 100 yards from goal line to goal line/ rest 100 seconds
- Sprint 110 yards from goal line to end line/ rest 110 seconds
- Sprint 120 yards from end line to end line/ DONE!
- Quick bursts of speed
- Change of direction and agility
Variations/Progression/Increased difficulty (As your players improve their skills incorporate the following…)
Have players go after ground balls as they start each sprint, or star with a push up off the ground.