Basic, can be progressed
This objective of this game is to help teach clearing, movement without the ball to open space and communication to support teammates in a constraints-based manner.
Description of Drill-Execution
- 7 players start in the goal circle
- Coach shoots ball or rolls it to goalie
- Players break out and goalie clears to player on goal line extended
- Players break into spots and pass ball to next player up field
- Goalie follows play by 10-15 yards in middle of field. Follow as far as comfort level
- Finish at opposite goal or half field
- How quickly can they get the ball to the goal
- How many passes can they complete in a row
- Must go to a different spot each break
- Must make a back pass and switch fields at least once
- Layer in defenders (start with 4 and add)
- Defenders must cover a different player on each break out
The game can be played with or without sticks. Try using a mini soccer ball or football to focus on movement and positioning without the worry of dropping passes.