This drill is excellent for teaching players to time off ball movement, get open, and move the ball to the open shooting area.
Description of Drill-Execution
- The drill is a 3 attack rotation that starts with a drive from behind. X1 starts with a drive from behind and looks to bounce out wide to get to a feeding position.
- X2 and X3 will bounce out into high island spots and allow for a feed from X1 to X2.
- X2 will listen for the “one more” call from X3, which is the cue for the pass to be made from X2 to X3 for a shot.
- If X3 yells “Double” then X2 will reverse the ball to X1 at Goal Line Extended, and then reverses to the back side of the crease and feeds X3 up top for a shot on goal.
- Off Ball Offense
- Ball Movement (Catching and Throwing)
Variations/Progression/Increased difficulty (As your players improve their skills incorporate the following…)
Add defenders to the play to force a more game like situation. You may also do this drill with 4 players, if your system has 4 attack players low that run a rotation.