This drill is excellent for teaching players to time off ball movement, get open, and to get your hands free on a dodge that starts the play
Description of Drill-Execution
- Split the field in half and have the drill running at the same time on both sides of the field.
- X1 starts the drill by dodging towards the 8m and bouncing top side.
- X2 will pop off the middle into a spot where they can receive the pass from X1 and finish the shot
- D will play dummy defense and stay in the dodging lane to force X2 to pop to receive the pass.
- X1 then moves to D, D moves to X2 and X2 goes to the back of the line.
- Off Ball Offense
- Ball Movement (Catching and Throwing)
Variations/Progression/Increased difficulty (As your players improve their skills incorporate the following…)
Start the play with a ground ball on the wing between 2 players, back to back. Whoever wins can drive high and feed the player popping. This will push your team to go to goal on the chaos or confusion in loose ball situations.