Coaches are some of the most influential role models in kids' lives today. Are you up for the challenge?
With the explosive growth of the sport of lacrosse around the country, the need for knowledgeable, experienced coaches is greater than ever before. US Lacrosse is committed to providing opportunities to develop these important leaders, through online offerings, clinics and comprehensive certification.
The US Lacrosse Coaching Development Program provides you with all the tools you need to be a successful coach. Learn more about the US Lacrosse Coaching Development Program.
According to research, a successful coach...
- is motivational and inspires athletes to improve and work hard,
- is knowledgeable about the skills and tactics of the sport,
- is relational and excellent at communicating with players and parents,
- possesses good character and is a positive role model.
US Lacrosse will help you achieve these goals, whether you played the game, have coached for many years, or are just volunteering for your child's program.
Beginner Coach Resources
New to the sport? Welcome! We are glad you are here. Here are some resources you may find helpful as you get started.
- Level 1 online course (for the game that you'll be coaching)
- PCA Double Goal Coach 1.
- Coaching Resources
- Effective Coach Series: How to Teach the Basics
- Flex 6 Program Information
Positive Coaching Alliance
US Lacrosse is proud to partner with the Positive Coaching Alliance to increase your ability to not only help your players with games, but to teach them important life lessons through the sport of lacrosse.