The Urban Lacrosse Alliance (ULA) is designed to enable qualified affiliates the ability to address needs unique to their lacrosse programming through education and resources. Through these alliances, US Lacrosse hopes to support self-sustaining youth lacrosse programs in underrepresented communities that operate by USL national standards and best practices.
Goals for the Urban Lacrosse Alliance
- Provide resources to support lacrosse introduction/development in underserved areas.
- Develop cost effective solutions for entry into the game
- Establish relationships with programs and organizations that are committed to increasing opportunities for urban youth.
- Develop a collaborative cross-system effort with other leaders who can identify high-potential individuals both at the youth and adult level.
- Connect underrepresented youth with US Lacrosse and the benefits of USL membership.
2019 Application Cycle & Key Dates
- US Lacrosse utilizes an online application for these grants.
- The new application cycle begins on April 10.
- 2019 ULA applications will be accepted through May 15.
- All applicants will be notified of their status by June 1.
Program Administrators may select one item from the equipment package offerings and one item from the stipend package offerings.
(select one item from this list)
- Up to 30 men’s or women’s lacrosse sticks
- Team uniforms and cleats for up to 25 players
- One case of NOCSAE white or yellow lacrosse balls, heavy-duty lacrosse bag and two lacrosse goal nets
- Up to 25 team helmets or goggles.
(select one item from this list)
- Subsidized cost of officials fees or transportation costs (up to $1,500)
- US Lacrosse Convention registration, coaches education certification scholarships and travel stipend for up to two coaches (limit $350 per coach)
- Subsidized league or tournament registration fees (up to $1,500)
- Subsidized field rental costs (up to $1,500)
- Free US Lacrosse memberships for up to 30 participants and two coaches
Current ULA Members
13th Girl Foundation (Baltimore)
Albany (N.Y.) Police Athletic League
ATL Lacrosse Initiatve (Atlanta)
Baltimore City Gators
Baltimore Lacrosse Elite
Baltimore Terps Youth Lacrosse
Baltimore Urban Lacrosse League
BC Blues (Broward County, Fla.)
Black Women and Sport Foundation (Philadelphia)
Blax Lax (Baltimore)
Bosse High School Girls (Evansville, Ind.)
Boys Latin Charter (Philadelphia)
Bridgeport (Conn.) Youth Lacrosse
Bronx (N.Y.) Lacrosse
Brooklyn Lacrosse Club
Charlotte (N.C.) Secondary School
Charm City Lacrosse (Baltimore)
Chester (Pa.) Charter School
Chief Leschi Schools (Puyallup, Wash.)
City Lax New York
Cleveland Urban Lacrosse
Coastal Lacrosse (S.C.)
Coral Springs (Fla.) High School
Decatur (Ill.) Park District
Detroit City Lacrosse
Dundalk (Md.) Dragons
Eyekonz Sports League (Pa.)
Five Smooth Stones Foundation (Baltimore)
Forestville (Md.) Boys and Girls Club
Green Acres (Ala.) Middle School
Heritage Education Group (Claremont, Calif.)
Hilltop Lutheran Neighborhood Center (Wilmington, Del)
Hollywood Hills (Fla.) High School
Homegrown Lax (Minneapolis, Minn.)
Jersey City (N.J.) Lacrosse Club
Kingsessing Road Runners Lacrosse (Philadelphia)
Konawaena Wildcats Club (Kealakekua, Hawaii)
Lexington (Ky.) Traditional Magnet School
Long Island Urban Lacrosse
Los Angeles Thunderbirds
Miami Shores Lightning (Pembroke Pines, Fla.)
Mill City (Mass.) Lacrosse
Mira Mesa Youth Lacrosse (San Diego)
Mother UAME Lacrosse (Wilmington, Del)
N.E.W Fit Kids (Baltimore)
New Hope Church of the Nazarene
Midwest Storm (St. Louis)
New Horizons Lacrosse (Texas)
New London (N.H.) Youth Lacrosse
New River (Fla.) Middle School
Opportunities Industrialization Centers (Oakland Park, Fla.)
Philadelphia School District Middle School Sports
Prince George's (Md.) Pride
PUCKidz (Chula Vista, Calif.)
Roberson Middle School (Houston)
ROC E6 (Rochester, N.Y.)
Serviam Girls Academy (New Castle, Del.)
South Bend (Ind.) Bears Lacrosse Club
Storm Lacrosse (Ranches, Fla.)
Taravella High School (Coconut Creek, Fla.)
Tipton County (Tenn.) Lacrosse Club
The Re-Education Fund (Philadelphia)
Trenton (N.J.) Lacrosse
Triple P Lax (Winston-Salem, N.C.)
Youth Life Support Network (Albany, N.Y.)