US Lacrosse Officials Development State Coordinators serve as the primary liaison for officials in their state in connection with US Lacrosse. They primarily assist with gathering and providing information and support to the Local Officiating Organizations, Certified Trainers, Observers and Assigners in their state throughout the year. They work with US Lacrosse staff and the Region Coordinator directly to help identify areas of strength, need and opportunity for officiating development throughout their state.
- Assist with the selection and facilitation of Certified Trainers and Observers within their region.
- Provide information and support to the Local Officiating Organizations to assist with the overall development of officials and officiating leadership in their area, including grant and scholarship opportunities available to them.
- Support Local Officiating Organizations with completing annual certification and recertification of their officials.
- Communicate and coordinate directly with US Lacrosse Regional Development and Officials Development Staff to provide information and support for officiating needs.
- Identify up and coming officials and those experiencing difficulty in developing to differentiate support as needed.
- Deliver timely and relevant communications, education, certification, programs and support to the officiating communities within their state.
- Complete an annual assessment report on their state.
Required skills and experience
- Possess current US Lacrosse Trainer and Observer Certifications.
- Has a minimum of 5 years of officiating experience (all levels) preferred.
- Supports the development of officials and positively interacts with others in the state to promote officiating.
- Respects the rules, heritage and growth of the game.
- Represents and is committed to US Lacrosse and upholding its mission.
If you are interested in serving in this role for US Lacrosse please fill out the application below.