US Lacrosse encourages all lacrosse players, coaches, officials and spectators to "COMPETE WITH CLASS and HONOR THE GAME" by adhering to the spirit of the rules, especially those that minimize risk for players and those that pertain to participant sportsmanship.
How can you Compete With Class and Honor the Game?
- Respect your coaches, teammates, opponents, officials, and the fans.
- Compete with heart, honor, and hustle.
- Honor the traditions of the game and respect the ancestors of the sport.
- Have fun, be passionate, and adhere to the spirit of the game both on and off the field.
How will US Lacrosse Honor the Game?
- US Lacrosse will incorporate increased safety messaging across all levels, specifically targeting the under-19 players and their coaches and parents.
- US Lacrosse events will be opportunities where the highest standards are followed and celebrated. Youth and high school players, teams and coaches will be rewarded for safe play and good sportsmanship.
- All levels of officials will be encouraged to be mindful of our increased emphasis on player safety and sideline conduct.
- US Lacrosse will collaborate on this program with the NCAA and NFHS rules-making committees.
What are our Goals?
- To develop, promote and enhance the proper culture and spirit of lacrosse.
- To emphasize the importance of teaching and following the safest set of rules.
- To promote the highest standards of sportsmanship to all those that play, watch, coach, or officiate.
- To provide consistent safety and sportsmanship messaging.
- To create points of emphasis for head-to-head contact, unnecessary roughness, and unsportsmanlike conduct for players, coaches, and officials.
- To maintain the integrity of the sport.
How Can You Help?
- Read the information on this page to understand the importance of Safety and Sportsmanship
- Review the Compete with Class - Honor the Game Pledge
- Share your stories about extraordinary displays of sportsmanship (#CompeteWithClass).
- Promote and express the importance of Safety and Sportsmanship in the fastest game on two feet to players, coaches, fans, and officials.
Parents - The PCA Development Zone contains valuable information on topics ranging from Coach-Parent partnership pointers to guidelines for Honoring the Game.
Players – learn to be a Triple-Impact competitor: Click here for details
Coaches – tips on how to teach sportsmanship: Click here for details